Do you have historic old photos of people or places around Southwest Harbor? We'd love to have them! We can scan them and upload to our Digital Archives for all to see. Please consider donating them to our Historical Society.
SCHOONER PALESTINE IN CLARK'S COVE, 1890
Newman Store - Ward Parker, Ward Newman, Guy Cleveland, Molly Newman, and Lyle Newman (the barber) taken about 1900. In the 1950's it was known as Welton's store, and in the 1960's it was the post office and the store.
Looking up Dirigo Road from the Clark Point Road.
The Moorings Inn, looking from the water.
This building was built by Sim Mayo and sold to Edwin Higgins, who moved it to 45 Clark Point Road. It was razed in 1968/69.
The Park Theater, later McEachern and Hutchins hardware store, at the corner of Main Street and Clark Point Road, torn down by Les and Janet McEachern in the late fall of 2008 to make way for a larger, improved store.
Parker and Newman wharfs in Manset
Dirigo Hotel at the corner of High Road and Dirigo Road. The hotel burned in 1960 in a fire that started when lightning struck during a hurricane.
Clark Point Road looking toward Main Street. The photo was taken after the 1929 fire that burned much of Southwest Harbor but before the 1939 fire when the Masonic building burned. Photo donated by Agnes (Dolliver) Carr from photos from her mother Elena (Hamblen) Dolliver.